Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cool L-ville Festvilles


Welcome to the ST JAMES COURT ART SHOW!





Every Fall more than 300 artisans come to showcase their work.  This was a not-to-miss experience with musicians on every corner and food carts from all over the state.  I'll be going every year that we're here.  

My favorite work was from Chickadee Studios....



The jewelry is totally unique with gold inland into glass confections, all made by hand.  More from them is at: www.chickadeestudios.com.  It made me want to learn the art of jewelry making.




This is a set of cool, funky mirrors.



These are beautifully crafted rocking horses.  Ella is trying to get out and ride on one but we were nervous about her even touching one.  The price was around $1000 and up per horse.  



And our favorite...the dresses made from shingles.  What imagination! What a scratchy outfit.

If any of y'all want more info. here's the website: www. stjamescourtartshow.com

2 comments:

northslopegang said...

So glad to hear from you guys in the south. Loved all the pictures!! Glenda is wonder woman. I don't make candy anymore. Fred and I always dropped the taffy on the floor!!
Thanks for sharing it was great to see your blog. Aunt Char

pam said...

What in the world? I can't show this to Shawn. I think he'll want me to have one of those dresses! (Haha, just kidding!) So, I love the name: L-ville. That's how I'm going to say it from now on! Then there is no question about the pronunciation of Louisville!

Are you guys into American Idol? I'm LOVING it, of course! My 2 faves so far are Danny and Adam. Fortunately, they are in the top 12. YAY!