Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ice Cream Favorites


This post is dedicated to great ice cream.
Here is a list of our families all-time faves.  

Jed loves Baskin Robbins

Oreo Shake.

Cyndi loves a chocolate custard concrete with almonds and caramel mixed in from...

There's always the Utah classic
where the servings are huge and the toppings divine. I know there is an ongoing battle between the caramel or hot fudge being better.

And for something new, Graeter's is a Kentucky treasure.
Jed and I both agree that the best flavor is black raspberry chip.  It is truly amazing.

But our newest favorite is...

My goodness, this is yummy.  Our family went for free ice cream on a pj friday where they gave away free waffle cones for wearing bed clothes.  Could it be any sweeter than licking cones in your pajamas.  Their flavors were incredible like, Key Lime Pie, Caramel Explosion with Twix, S'mores, White Raspberry Truffle, Blueberry Cobbler, Chocolate Lover's Trash, Coffee Cake Streusel, Peanut Butter Cookie Dough...you get the idea.  Check out their site www.brusters.com.  They also have special events like the pj day and every Thursday is bring your own banana and get 50% off a banana split.  I think this is my new favorite.



Jed, of course, remains true and still claims Homemade Ice Cream to be the best.

So we were wondering what is your all-time favorite ice cream?


4 comments:

kristi said...

we also LOVE Graters Black Rasberry chocolate or whatever the name is! It is fabulous. I am a chocolate chip mint fan. It can come from anywhere!

themorganfam said...

Cold Stone is my favorite. I like bananas, cake mix ice cream and nuts. That is my favorite.

pam said...

I about died when I saw that little pic of Brusters!!!! They had that in PA and I LOVED it, of course!!!!! I want to try that Black Raspberry Chip kind. It sounds divine. Were you guys Cold Stone fans??? I can't remember. Anyway, I think that is my favorite ice cream place right now. Peanut Butter Cup Perfection is my fave. Shawn also votes Cold Stone. Chocolate with almonds. YUMMY! I need to go visit Cold Stone this week!!! OH WAIT!!! I also want to side with Jed and say that home-made is BEST!
PS. Are you guys into American Idol this season? Who are your favorites? For me: Danny and Adam are tied for first. For the girls, I like Allison. The other 2 can go home!

Melissa said...

brusters? hmmm... need to check that one out. my fav. is graeters strawberry chip. and i'm still a sucker for DQ. And I love the little ice cream 'Barrel' by our house. And Nielsens too... and... this is pathetic that I love this many ice creams.